Photobucket

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

When the Lord is talking, but you are not sure what He is saying....

Beautiful Sisters,

Do you ever see that the Lord is trying to tell you something, but you are not sure what it is? You know, when the same Bible verse keeps coming up or there are incidences that are far beyond coincidence?

It can be frustrating when you want to obey, but are just not sure what exactly He is telling you to do. I have spent a LOT of my time frantically trying to figure out what He might be telling me, plunging my hand into this idea or that. I was terrified of missing His speaking, but also terrified of misunderstanding His speaking. What if I NEVER learn what He is trying to say?? What if I do the exact OPPOSITE of what He wants, thinking that is what He wants?

Those fears plague me a lot, I will admit. This time I am going to try to do my best NOT to allow those doubts and fears into my mind.

There are two situations, that may or may not be related, in my life where they MIGHT be something the Lord is trying to tell me. In the first situation, I keep coming across the SAME Bible verse. For the past few days, the same verse, which is Gal 6:11-15. At least once every day, and sometimes twice a day.

The second situation has to do with clothing matters. This one might be just coincidence (unless it has to do with the above verse somehow?). I am not dismissing it as "Oh clothing is unimportant to the Lord, He is only concerned with biggies" because I know that is not true. He knows the hairs of my head, He also knows the clothes in my closet (smile).

But I also know that we have to be careful with linking things that are not linked, or seeing things that are just not there. Confusion reigns when we allow ourselves to be buffeted hither and yon by every little idea (ask me how I know!).

I also know that we have to be wary about trying to "feel" our way through our faith. Our feelings, especially in us women, are tempermental things, which can be swayed by everything from hormones to blood sugar levels to time of day. I have found that, for me, relying more on the Word and peace and prayer does much better than seeing if something "feels right". My feelings, even if they start out properly, will soon run amuck if I am not careful to couple them with the reason, wisdom and sound mind that the Lord provided for all of us. It is kinda like using only your right limbs and not your left...eventually your left limbs will atrophy and the right limbs will be disproportionally strong. Then even if you need your left limbs for something, you cannot use them.

I think it is the same way with women and reason andlogic vs emotion and instinct. We were made with emotion and instinct for good reason, we need our emotions and "intuition" to tend to the heart and needs of others. However, if we rely only on emotion and instinct, they can become uncontrollably strong, and we get "hormonal", emotional, weepy, and succumb to "paralysis by analysis"....we overthink. (thank the Lord when we have good, noble men who generally err on the side of "logic" to balance us out when we get "wrapped around the axel".)

Anyway, so I would appreciate any prayers or thoughts. I wish I was better at seeing the will of the Lord, but if it is not printed in black and white in the Word, I get a lot of confusion (if it is printed in the Word, I still might fail at doing it, but at least I know what to pray forgiveness for! lol). In the meantime, I will just try to wait (patiently if I can hee hee!) for the Lord to make clear what He is trying to tell me.

God bless you all!

No comments: