Photobucket

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Lord brings things into focus

On Monday morning, TWS went for the CT scan at the Army base. He came back home, changed into his blues, and went to work at the Air Force base he normally works at. Not long after he left, the phone rang with someone from radiology looking for TWS. I gave him some numbers to try. A little while later, TWS called and told me that he had to go back to the Army base for another CT scan. He asked them when they wanted him to schedule an appt, and they said “We need you to get here as soon as you can.”. At that point we realized there was something amiss. TWS talked to the PA who told him, after joking a bit “There is an abnormality between the ears”.

He was going to come back home and change into his fatigues, as this would be more comfortable in the scanner than the blues. I got dressed just in case he wanted me to go with him this time. I asked him if he wanted me to, and he said it was up to me. I told him it was up to him, and he said “Yeah, why don’t you come along this time.”. I am so glad he said that!

He was told that there was an abnormality in the cat scan and they would have to do a CT scan with a contrast dye. I waited in the large waiting room, waving at a little toddler and playing on my cell phone. Eventually TWS came out to get me after the CT scan and we were brought to a smaller waiting room off of the hallway. TWS and I sat there, mostly quiet. I played a flying game on my cell phone. I think TWS played free cell. Dr. Abbott came up to us and said "Well, there's a tumor". He said he had a phone call into a neurosurgeon and would come back to talk with us. TWS and I sat there trying to process the information. I was trying to summon faith, I think. Or maybe I was just having an adjustment reaction. Neither of us panicked or cried or anything of that sort. We were mostly pretty quiet. It was very surreal.

No comments: